Hfbk Hamburg WS 2019

Sie sind hier

Letzter Beitrag
Caterin Cat
Hfbk Hamburg WS 2019

Hi all,

Seems like this year has been a little bit quiet and it would be great if Hfbk Hamburg applicants could discuss about stuffs here. So I've provided my Mappe personally yesterday but I didn't spend much time there so I'm curious about the amount of applicants this year. Also, I could have too much anxiety for waiting such a long time for the result lol

Anw I apply to Zeitbezogene Medien (Time-based media), is there any student from Hfbk Hamburg especially this department here? 

Kruemelmuenster

I´m just gonna leava a little bookmark here, then :)

I´ve applied for Film and I´m f***ing eating my nails already. There´s blood and pain and a lot of hope, that´s ready to be hit in the kisser.

delta3689

Heyy, i’ve also applied for BK this year. I have 0 expectations tho. Aaaanyway, I have a question: so when I was filling out the application form, i didn’t find the specific department (Schwerpunkt) for time-based media. It’s somehow connected with Painting and Sculpture. Idk it somehow got me worried——how did your form look like? Was it just for time-based media or was it also connected?

Caterin Cat

Hi,

Well it was connected with Painting and Sculpture, but I mentioned in my portfolio that I would like to take Time-based media. But still, idk if that 3 of them are connected as one Schwerpunkt or could be seperated. 

delta3689

Oh okay, thanks! I know there’s still a month but good luck to you;)

Just curious——did you only apply for hfbk or others too? 

Caterin Cat

Thanks, you too ;) I was thinking about Muthesius Kiel but have to see if I could make it to HFBK. 

nicoleba67

Hey i am applying there too but for design. I sent out my Mappe with the mail about 3 weeks ago and i´m basically checking my e-mails every 5 minutes just in case the results are in. I also posted it on here a few weeks ago to get some feedback so if anyone wants to take a look the post is still up I just added a bunch of more stuff to the final Mappe.

Caterin Cat

I already checked out your Mappe, it looks pretty good. This is my first year so I have no ideal what their style is or what they are expecting from applicants. I think we have to wait at least 1 month for the result :fingercrossed. 

cv_h

I also applied, but for the Art Teacher Education programme. I have no idea if they will like or hate the portfolio. Good luck to you all! 

Caterin Cat

Hiii

Does anyone have any news?

nicoleba67

Nope still nothing :(

cv_h

Same here, nothing. Did any of you also apply to other universities?

Caterin Cat

I haven't. Do you know how they will inform about the result? Like on the website or by mail? So freaking nervous ;_;

nicoleba67

I think we will get a mail and then we can see our result on campusnet (the site on which you filled out your online application)

delta3689

Me neither, nothing yet...I guess they are gonna inform us by both portal and email, and last year the result came out at 4.3 or so? Anyways we still gotta wait...and same here i'm nervous af

cv_h

I also think they will send the results via campusnet (according to the faq / "Die Zulassungs- bzw. Ablehnungsbescheide werden Ihnen in Ihrem Bewerber-Account (»Ihre Dokumente«) zur Verfügung gestellt.") @Caterin Cat are you from Hamburg, too?

Caterin Cat

Nahh I'm staying in Hannover, I was just visiting Hamburg to send my Mappe.

JJJ

Hello people!

I also applied this year (Malerei u. Zeichnen), also didnt hear anything yet. I keep refreshing this thread for any news from you. Two years ago I also applied, although for film, and got rejected on the third of April at 11:00. So this week I had my eyes glued to my Mail account every day at 11:00. Thats my level of crazy right now. I also didnt apply to any other universities... I wish the best of luck to you all. Next week could get interesting. My worst nightmare right now would be a rejection at the first of April. Bad, bad April Fools joke.

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear from you how you prepared for your application. Did you visit any workshops? Got any second opinions? 

And again: throwing a lot of luck to us all. & Best wishes 

Jil

cv_h

Hi Jil,

yeah, I hope there will be news next week.

I am currently working as an Illustrator / Designer and want to become a teacher. For me the main challenge was to switch from my status quo to a much more open-ended, artistic approach and completely different questions. So I combined Illustration – my comfort zone – with photography – outside my comfort zone. I learned a lot creating the portfolio artworks and I was not able to make it better. If that is enough for the application I do not know. If that is not what they search for, maybe I would not be happy there anyways. 

How did you prepare?

Caterin Cat

Hi guys,

My Mappe was basically combination of experimental photograph and short video, some paintings, idk, it's quite non-topic but I put feelings and moods in there. And hoping that I could go through all of these. I didn't take any prepared class so I'm clueless. 

JJJ

Thats really interesting to read! 

I went two times to a kind of Mappenberatung in Hamburg. The woman I talked to studied at the Hfbk herself and it really helped to understand the university a bit more. I then concentrated on actually painting what I wanted to paint and what brings me joy rather than trying to figure out what they want to see, like I did the last years. I have almost only paintings in my Mappe. A lot of portraits... sketchbooks and a little book with photographs. But I really expect a rejection again. Lowered expectations never hurt me. And when I'm right and they hit me again with that gorgeous "Note E" than I had at least a great time painting!

Seiten

Friends

• Art Directors Club
  • Butter & Fisch
  • Designdidaktik
  • Designspotter
  • designweeks.net